Suggest treatment for minor defect in semicircular canals located in inner ear
. these symptoms lasted 2 years. but i've never experienced anything like this. thanks for your time. XXXXXXX
Suggestive of BPPV.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms and they are suggestive of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).
In this condition, there is a minor defect in semicircular canals located in inner ear (crystals are formed, where normally only fluid is present).
Symptoms are vertigo/dizziness, which are made worse on head or neck movements. In the initial period, nausea, vomiting or imbalance may also be present.
It is a self limiting condition and improves on own in most people within 1-2 weeks.
For relief of symptoms, you may take betahistine tablets. An opinion from ENT may be needed, if symptoms persist.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe jaw and inner ear pain
- Inner ear irritation treatment
- Inner ear flutter treatment
- Inner ear treatment prednisone
- Treatments for inner ear problems
- Suggest treatment for ichy inner ears with slight pain
- Inner ear blockage treatment
- Treatment and cure for inner ear dysfunction
- Treatment and cure for inner ear infection
- Crystals in inner ear treatment