Suggest treatment for mild spondylosis

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Neck impressi: Very mild spondylisis, with c-3/c-4 most affected. Moderate right neural foraminal narrowing at this level, related to unconvertabral hypertrophy
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 35 minutes later
What is your question? My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX psychiatrist working in New York City. For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, or individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 2 hours later
Do I need cervical spine surgery of some kind?

Ulnar neuropathy, no neuropathy above the elbow according to EMG. Leg weakness. Small protrusion onto S1 from L4L5 disc bulge. Pain in neck, stretching feeling down to deltoid.

Cervical Spine MRI impression:Very mild spondylisis, with c-3/c-4 most affected. Moderate right neural foraminal narrowing at this level, predominantly related to unconvertabral hypertrophy. Mild unconvertabral hypertrophy from c-3 to c-6. Mild bilateral (one disc) and right side (the other two) neural foraminal narrowing at c-3 to c-6.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Provide more details about your symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Spondylosis and vertebral and disc changes at 25 years of age is to be evaluated properly.
You need testing for rheumatoid arthritis as it may involve cervical spine and for ankylosing spondylosis.
You also require testing for vitamin D deficiency, calcium and phosphate levels.
Is there any history of neck injury?
The decision for surgery based on Mri is done if significant compression of roots or cord is present. Other indications are motor deficit, bladder bowel involvement, reflex loss.
Compression at spine leads to root involvement and not neuropathy.
You can provide more details as discussed and upload images in pdf format of your Mri spine.
Hope you found the answer helpful
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 13 hours later
Thank you very much for your reply, sir. I did fall 3x from the top of an obstacle at 18ft or so, and I believe the fall caused problems, but I landed on one foot for the first fall (the most injurous one) and two feet for the next two falls.

I have also had watery constipation for four months off and on, with sudden needs to evacuate bowels within a minute or so.

Finally, the right side of my body is the most affected... Right leg heaviness and radiating pain, right neck to trap, right hip. (Bursitis in right trochanter and ischiofemoral impingement).

Ive been in hard training for a few years involving a lot of running, running with weight, swimming, and strength and conditioning. I have not worked out since the fall. The fall was two months ago.
Brief Answer:
Trauma may be the cause of cervical injury

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Fall from height on foot can have effect on lower limb, pelvis, hip, spine upto cervical region.
The symptoms occurs due to nerve compression or bony damage.
You should visit a neurosurgeon for evaluation regarding need for any surgery at this moment.
As discussed earlier, operative decision is based on clinical and neuroimaging findings.
Hope you recover early.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj