• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for mild case of Peyronie's disease

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I told my urologist that I had a mild case of peronies disease and would simply like to have more flex in my penis, perhaps with injections etc.
He performed a cystourethroscopy which was described in my XXXXXXX as surgery and certainly felt like surgery and was very painful.
The pain has evolved into what seems like a permanent soreness. It is located at the head of the penis, along the urethea, and surrounding the rectum as is it as in the prostate.
I can achieve an erection and the soreness is not overwhelming, but I am concerned that it is a sign of damage or damage in the process of occurring. Let me know what you think.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cystourethroscopy will not cause any permanent damage

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have Peyronies Disease and have pain and discomfort in penis after endoscopic examination of Cystouretroscopy .
I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Do you have painful palpable nodule in shaft of the penis which is confirmed on ultrasound Scanning of Penis ?
2) Do you have pain during erection and penetration during intercourse ?

Pain in penis after endoscopic examination is common and persists for few days and goes away over a period of time .

Take anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily .It should get resolved within a week .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thank you for your observations. It's nice to know that it is not a sign of permanent damage

Ironically the procedure has lessened the effects of the peyronies which wasn't too bad to begin with. However if I manually cause an erection and climax, it is followed by soreness.

There doesn't seem to be a noticeable nodule in the head of the penis (though I should get an ultrasound).

The problem is that the soreness has been present for over a month. But I will try to get some Diclofeenac and see how it works.

Thanks again.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take the medications suggested for 10 days

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up ,

Take the medications suggested for 10 days .

It should help to resolve your problem .

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 10182 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Rectum

doctor1 MD

Hello... I was prescribed polygynax for 7 days. When I picked up the medication, I only received 6 pills, 2 of which I took orally before realizing...

doctor1 MD

my gyne prescribed me a vaginal suppositories (albothyl). i was told to start today (march 19) every other day. theses suppositories are 6, meaning...

doctor1 MD

Madam, please note that my wife is pregnant and of 4 Weeks. We approached to Gyno, she advised Endogest 200 for twice. First day when my wife take...

doctor1 MD

My father has Binswinger disease. He has just about all the complications that come with it. But the one complication that I don t think my Mom or...

doctor1 MD

I have had a couple of incidents where skin protrudes from my anus after having a bowel movement. I have spoken with my P.C.P. about it. She called...

doctor1 MD

why would orange bile come from rectum

doctor1 MD

blood from rectum when I have bowel movement (frequent) bright red probably not over 3 tbsp. but quite a lot more than I've ever seen from...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

141 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. P. T. Patil
  • Q - Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...

  • Q - Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...

  • Q - On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...

  • Q - Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?

  • Q - Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...

  • Q - Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?

  • Q - Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?

  • Q - Why does my penis look small when not erect?

  • Q - Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...

  • Q - Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?