Suggest treatment for mild abdominal pain

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: So I have been suffering from a dull "ache" on the lower left side of my abdomen/groin. Have been drinking more water, etc, but won't go away? Urination is more frequent and I have to get up at night at least once to urinate. No discoloration, etc.
Has been going on for months.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Pain in the left lower quadrant of the abdomen /groin can be due to Left sided ureteric stone,Inguinal hernia.
Ultrasound abdomen will give a clue.Frequency of micturition can be due to Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).Ultrasound will confirm the size of the Prostate.
Till investigation, I prescribe anti spasmodic tablet containing Dicyclomine to my patients with similar complaints.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj