Suggest treatment for migraine
I read your question carefully and I understand the difficulty you're in.
Migraine is a type of headache which is known to be often triggered by certain factors, certain foods or metabolic alterations being such a factor, both possible with a diet like the XXXXXXX diet.
I know that you want to keep losing weight but I am afraid that to prevent the migraine attacks something must be changed. There are medications for migraine prevention but they might take some time to get working, so since we are speaking of a month doesn't make much sense. Also for some of them weight gain might be a side effect (antidepressants, valproic acid, not topiramate or antihypertensives). So the other option is avoiding the triggering factor, the diet, or at least moderate it. There is not perfect way to go about this.
As for the treatment, I suppose you mean Imitrex? Its generic name is Sumatriptan. I am not sure why you have to get it from overseas if you live in the US, I believe it is present there. I don't think taking it regularly is the solution though. It is a drug used for migraine attacks, which is not recommended to be taken too often, only one or twice a week tops. Also its frequent use carries the risk of complicating with a chronic headache called medication overuse headache. So you should be careful with using it for your daily headaches, it can be dangerous for you. If your headaches are frequent even after dietary medication, preventive treatment with topiramate, or antihypertensives (propranolol, verapamil) should be considered, with Imitrex only in particular occasions.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest an alternative of cafergot for migraine treatment
- Suggest treatment for migraine
- Suggest treatment for severe migraine attacks
- Suggest treatment for recurring migraine
- What treatment is suggested for migraine headache
- What treatment is suggested for migraine with oras
- What treatment do you suggest for migraines
- Whom to consult for migraine treatment
- Continuous migraine pain treatment suggestion
- Suggest dosage of topiramate for treatment of migraine