Suggest treatment for migraine headaches, neck pain and sharp pain in arms
I have had x-rays that showed a mild 6-8 degree scoliosis, MRI that showed normal appearing brain and cervical cord however, C3-C4 no disc protrusion or canal stenosis. mild osteophyte formation at the uncovertebral joints predominating on the right. The neural foramina are patent.
5-C6 Early degenerative disc disease, mild osteophytes formation at the uncovertebral joints predominating on the left. mild left sided neural foraminal stenosis. the right foramen is patent.
C6-C7 early degenerative disc disease. mild osteophyte at the uncovertebrel joints. There is a narrowing of the neural foramina without significant stenosis.
I also saw a Ophthalmologist, My field eye test was abnormal and I am being treated for possible Glaucoma for the next four months and then I am to repeat the test.
I see a Neurologist this week.
Image guided nerve root block may also help you
I have studied your case.
There is no significant cord or nerve root compression on MRI.
For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication like pregabalin can be started consulting your doctor.If lyrica is not helping then dose can be increased.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.
Local steroid shot may help you if no relief with physiotherapy and medication.
Image guided nerve root block may also help you.
Continue your glaucoma medication.
After clinical examination, medications for migraine like sumatriptans can be started consulting your doctor.
Lifestyle Modifications will help to reduce headache episodes
- Proper nutrition
- Regular physical activity
- Adequate sleep
- Stress reduction strategies
- Identify and avoid triggers (e.g., fast, strong odours, or sprays).
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. If you are satisfied with answer do not hesitate to rate this answer at end of discussion.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Migraine headaches accompanied with left arm pain
- Neck pain and migraines treatment
- Migraine headaches treatment
- Migraine headache pain in neck and head nausea
- What treatment is suggested for migraine headache
- What is the cause of neck pain and migraine headache
- Right ovary pain and migraine headache
- Suffering from migraine headaches neck pain spinal cord pain worry
- Treatment and cure for migraine headache
- Chronic migraine headaches treatment
- Having carpal tunnel in hands. Feeling difficulty in bending or...
- Having hip pain due to which lack of sleep. Suffering from cough at...
- Back pain that keeps increasing with the day, have tiredness and...
- Treatment for subcentral impaction fracture and hypo plastic trochlea...
- Moveable lump on elbow since skin peeling over the area, pain on...
- On physiotherapy, taken steroid injections, symptoms seem to be...
- Consistent back pain, have sedentary working style. Tips to reduce back...
- Having tingling in upper back and numbness in arm. What should I do?
- Knee pain, sharp twinges behind knee cap, occasional difficulty in...
- Chronic hip pain, joint pains. X-ray showed heal spur, MRI showed...