Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and since you are a diagnosed case, I will recommend following guidelines and Management which I follow with my patients.
1. Avoid factors which precipitate the attacks. e.g. sleeping late, tension, starvation
, chocolates, cheese, alcohol, dry food, excessive sex and suppression of natural urges, excess physical/mental exertion.
2. During acute attack: lie down in a dark and quiet room and give ice bag over the head.
3. since vasograin
which is vasoconstrictor [hampers blood supply], so if planning for fertilization consult with your attending Doctor.
4. Ayurveda medicines for Migraine i.e. "ARDHAVBHEDAK" contains bhasma and Ras [mercury] but in purified form, so contact with your local/ experienced Ayurveda Doctor regarding their dosage since adverse affect during continuation phase/pregnancy
can be given to the herbs concerned.
5. some of the safe and result oriented medicine which can be given/practiced in Migraine are;
. rub onion paste to opposite feet.
. put 2-3 drops of coconut water into nose.
. apply garlic pod paste on forehead.
. put 4-5 drops of lime juice into opposite side nostril
. put 2-3 drops of white onion juice in eyes.
6. purified til tail: 280 ml
kapoor-chandan-dalchini: 1o gm each i.e. 9ml
mix all the ingredients and safely put in a bottle: you can use 4-4 drops as massage or put in ears
. grind small pippali 1/2 gm into powder and lick with 10 gm honey.
. use of cephagraine
drops or after inspection which part of head is affected, use of 10 drops of mustard oil in same nostril.[right or left]
. early morning after wash room, eat roasted chana
PS. chana should be well chewed and must be warm
. after making sure headache is in which part [right/left], put 3-4 drops of 'kagzi nimbu' in that side of ear.
. crush RIPE grapes and drink [don't add water in it]
Pulses: Black gram
Fruits & Vegetables: brinjal, mango, pomegranate, grapes [black], garlic, drum stick [shigru]
Others: clarified butter, oil,milk,coconut water,sour vinegar [kanji],sesame
Lifestyle:assage on head, gentle pressing, rest
Cereals: special variety of rice [kodrava,sanvaka]
Pulses: green gram,pigeon pea,peas,chickpea
Fruits & Vegetables: jambu,bitter gourd.
Others: betel nut, excessively heavy food
Life style: excessive exercise, suppression of natural urges,use of uneven bed, night awakening.
7. Prescription medicines which I usually practice is/are: vrihat vaat chintamani ras, mahalaxmi vilaas ras, godanti bhasma, dashmoolarisht, shadbindu tail, cephagraine tablets/drops
Dr. Munish Sood