Suggest treatment for metastatic cancer in food pipe

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: My father is diagonised with Cancer, which was started from his food pipe and now spreaded in part of stomach, liver and in bones too. Doctors are saying it is at the last stage and we can only go for Cemo. But his body has become very week his hemoglobin is 7.4. We already have started his Baba Ramdev Ayurvedic medicine but cant see much improvement. Please suggest what to do?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better to try palliative care

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I can only say that esophageal carcinoma spreads fast.
and the option of starting chemotherapy is absolutely a personal choice.
yes it has side effects but it's the only option available, specially since the first therapy is failing.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Is there any ways by which we can reduce his pain?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tramadol can be used

Detailed Answer:
There are many medicines that can be used.
Tramadol is probably the safest of them that could help.
Best of luck,
Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist