Suggest treatment for metallic taste in mouth
Head injury and Prozac could be the cause..,
Thanks for posting the query
A metallic taste is a distorted sense of taste in your mouth which is also referred to as dysgeusia.
Taste and the flavors you perceive are the result of a combination of the sense of smell and sensory neurons in your taste buds, which tell the brain what substances you taste.
A metallic or altered sense of taste can arise from trauma to the mouth or the sensory nerves that perceive taste. Head injury is one among them. Other than that, the drug Prozac can also cause dryness of the mouth and alter the taste and smell.
My sincere advice to you is to consult a neurologist for a complete neurological examination and change in the medication if any. If the problem is identified and intervened at the early stage, this may become curable.
Hope I have answered your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Migraine metallic taste in mouth
- Statins metallic taste in mouth
- Fishy and metallic taste in mouth
- Any suggestion for metallic taste in mouth and fever
- Metallic taste in mouth chemotherapy treatment
- Metallic taste in mouth gallbladder
- Suggest treatment for metallic taste caused by reaction to antibiotic
- Suggest natural treatment for metallic taste in mouth
- Metallic taste in mouth with psoriasis
- Treatment and cure for metallic taste
- Small multi-nodular goiters,elevated T3 in thyroid profile,TSH and T4...
- Blocked ears, dizziness, BP 120/66, tooth removal done recently, fever
- Fell and injured jaw, stiff neck, swollen lymph node, fever, neck pain
- What should I do if I have heartburn, tenderness at the base of my throat?
- How to treat watery eyes ?
- How to treat allergic rashes due to medications ?
- Hard,tender lump on side of face,lump rolls,eyelid swollen after tick...
- Throat tightens,unable to sleep,generic of nexium,generic for...
- What is the reason for tightness in throat and fatigue?
- Chinese herbal creams, eczema ointment, base cream from company,...