Suggest treatment for menstrual cramps?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello, I take plavix daily due to a light stroke I had 3 years ago. I'm having bad menstrual pains and would like to take something to help ease the pain, but can't take Pamprin. Please let me know what I can take over the counter that will work with plavix. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pamprin is not fine with plavix Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about the menstrual craps you are experiencing. Use acetaminophen and it is safe to take with plavix. You can take as much as 1000mg at most 3times per day. The other components of pamprin taken together with plavix can increase the risk of bleeding. Great idea you thought as much not to take it. In addition, please avoid other drugs like ibuprofen, aspirin, etc. I hope this helps and addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. I wish you a speedy resolution of these menstrual cramps. Dr. Ditah, MD.