Suggest treatment for menorrhagia and hypotension

Posted on Tue, 28 Feb 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: having my period day 3 day very heavy, im extremely shakey.. I do have anxiety disorder and am on lexapro 20mgs.. I haven't had a painful period like this one in a long time.. my anxiety is off the charts.. im on klonopin .5mgs 2x daily but the shakeyness is coming thru it.. im dizzy n faint feeling too.. is this shaking normal? it's an inside shaking.. I wanna go to the hospital because it's scaring me
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
menorrhagia and hypotension.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
If there has been excessive bleeding during menses since last 3 days then it is likely that you may be experiencing dizziness and weakness with lethargy attributed to possible decrease or lowering of blood pressure ( hypotension). If you feel as if you are going to faint then you should be visiting ER soon.
You shall be given antifibrinolytics like tranexamic acid to control your bleeding and also IV fluids to maintain blood pressure. It is always better to be in medical supervision in such situations rather than being on own to handle such situations.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 6 minutes later
what is the shakiness from?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
It is likely to be due to hypotension due to excessive bleeding. I would suggest you should take 2 glasses of water now to decrease the shakiness as it would help counter the possible hypotension.
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist