Suggest treatment for mass near left ovary
This does not sound like an ovarian cancer.
Thank you for the query.
Is this a mass which can be palpated in the soft tissues? If yes, this is not an ovarian cancer for sure. Please note that what grows inside abdominal cavity can not be palpated in soft tissues. There are few layers of muscles between the skin and abdominal wall.
If the doctor has found it through abdominal ultrasound this also does not meant its a cancer. It is really hard to detect ovarian cancer through abdominal ultrasound.
If you have transvaginal scheduled please note that this wont give you 100% security about ovarian cancer. To be as sure as possible you should have abdominal CT and Ca 125 done.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Your doctor could not palpate ovarian cancer.
Well, this is hardly possible that he could palpate any cancer. Hernia or lipoma are typical findings during palpation. Like I have mentioned before, he can not palpate something that grows inside abdominal cavity. Only large (really large) tumors can be palpated. And in such case not as 3mm mass.
So ovarian cancer is hardly possible.
Yes, it has to be very large to be felt through abdominal wall. And for sure it would give plenty of other symptoms like large abdomen, weakness, bowels obstruction before it was palpable.
Your doctor wants to check what it is. Thats why he wants an ultrasound.
You are welcome.
You are welcome. Have a good day too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bilateral choclate cyst in ovaries
- Suggest treatment for polycystic ovaries and irregular menses
- Polycystic ovary syndrome treatment
- Treatment cystic polyps ovary
- Suggest treatment for recurrent cyst in both ovaries
- Treatment of bilateral polyscystic ovaries
- Treatment on bulky ovaries
- Treatment for ovary adherent to uterus
- Pelvic scan showed polycystic ovary suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for polycystic ovaries syndrome