Suggest treatment for malrotated kidney, large cyst, UPJ obstruction and hydronephrosis
what is the treatment for this? what is the recovery time? does it require a hospital stay? I have already had a stent placed, but that was several years ago. I only have 3/4 of a kidney on the rt.
My urologist told me my lt kidney is the size of a walnut, and the rt kidney is the size of a softball, filled with urine.
Needs furher evaluation.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted I would summarize your problems that you have small atrophied Left kidney with Hydronephrotic Rt kidney due to PUJ obstruction with large Cyst..
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Have you ever done Intra Venous Pyelography(I.V.P) to know the function of both the kidneys and degree of PUJ obstruction?
2) Have you done DTPA renal scan to confirm the split renal function and to know the status of left kidney?(This is very important before you decide to go for correction of PUJ on Right side.)
3) Renal Function Tests.
Please get these investigations done under guidance of your Urologist to assess the kidney function on both sides and plan next course of action.
The PUJ obstruction with Cyst in the Right Kidney has to be treated surgically by doing Pyeloplasty and deroofing of cyst.
The left kidney can be left alone depending on status of it's function .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Thanks for your help.
The surgery is not risky at all.
Thanks for writing again.
Pyeloplasty and Deroofing of Cyst can be done by minimally accessive surgery (Laproscopic Surgery )in one sitting by a well trained Urologist.
You will need to get hospitalized for 4-5 days and will need to off work for 10 days.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of hydronephrosis in adults
- Kidney stones and hydronephrosis need homeopathic treatment
- Hydronephrosis treatment in homeopathy
- What is the treatment of bilateral hydronephrosis
- Treatment for hydronephrosis during pregnancy
- Kidney stones hydronephrosis high uric acid levels treatment options
- In kidney hydronephrosis shows a calculus in middle calyx suggest
- Hydronephrosis of the kidney
- Chronic hydronephrosis treatment
- Treatment and cure for hydronephrosis