Suggest treatment for male pattern baldness

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Apr 2014 in Hair Loss
Question: Hi Doctor, My name is XXXX. I am 32 years old . I am having heavy hair loss and now seeing bald patches on crown area and frontal baldness . All parts showing results of thinning hair. Please suggest a solution to regrow hair with thickness .
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: androanagen and minoxidil Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photographs. You have typical male pattern baldness. It happens due to over activity of testosterone on hair follicle. Take tablet androanagen daily for 3 months. It is anti androgen and prevent further hair loss. Also apply minoxidil oil twice daily . It increases blood supply to hair and increases growth. let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 minutes later
Thanks Doctor, what % minoxidil I need to use and which vendor? will minoxidil have side effects? How many months I need to take minoxidil? Will it regrow the hair back ?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 34 hours later
Brief Answer: use 5 % Detailed Answer: Hello You can use 5 % minoxidil. Don't worry it has no side effects. Please use the lotion for at least 6 months.yes it will help in hair regrowth Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 minutes later
That means Androanagen for 3 months and minoxidil for 6 months , am i right? Any specific company for minoxidil you recommend ?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer: tugain or Rogaine Detailed Answer: Yes, you are correct You can buy tugain or rogain. Both are good companies. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you