Suggest treatment for male pattern baldness

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 4 May 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a 30 years Male person, I am suffering from male pattern baldness. My hair count is still good and spread across the scalp. But, the quality of my hair is reducing day-by-day.

I used to consume some DHT blocker tablets around 4-5 years back and saw some good results and stopped after 1 year. I would like to resume using DHT blocking tablets now.

Could you please suggest me some generic DHT blocking tablets with less side effects.

Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Finasteride

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have noted your concern.

You may take tablet finasteride 1mg (Finax). It is marketted by dr. reddy's lab in XXXXXXX and is internationally available as propecia. Finasteride is US FDA approved drug for hair loss and thinning in males.