Suggest treatment for malaria
Observe the patient.
Thanks for your query at HCM.
The treatment of malaria depends upon the species of malaria parasites.P vivax, P ovale malaria - Chloroquine plus primaquine are advised. But for falciparum malaria - Quinine-based therapy is with quinine (or quinidine) sulfate plus doxycycline or clindamycin or pyrimethamine-sulfadoxine is preferred. Sometimes if falciparum is susceptible to chloroquine can be given. Chloroquine-1,000 mg po immediately, followed by 500 mg po at 6, 24, and 48 hours. If your patient shows response you can continue treatment. If any deterioration then you can visit the doctor. Rest advised and tepid sponging, acetaminophen to relieve fever.
Hope I answered your query.
If no clarifications then you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.
Dr. Sheetal Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Malaria cure and treatment
- Treatment and cure for cerebral malaria
- Preventive treatment for malaria
- Treatments for malaria
- Falciparum malaria treatment
- Coartem malaria treatment
- Side effects of malaria treatment
- Antibiotic treatment for malaria
- Is lumerax an preventative malaria treatment
- Prophylaxis treatment for malaria
- What causes burning micturition post protected intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for parasitic infection in stomach
- What does the widal test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for Entamoeba histolytica infection
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder and panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for flu with diarrhea and tiredness
- Does the use of condoms cause warts on penis tip?
- Suggest treatment for painful reddish rashes on buttocks and thighs
- What causes low body temperature along with pain in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for recurring fever, chills and dizziness