Suggest treatment for malaria
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
There is clear evidence that you are suffering from malaria.
Thrombocytopenia is a part of Malaria.
I would advise you following:
1. To take a combination of Arthemether and Lumefantarine available as Lumerax 80 mg twice a day for 3 days.
2. To take Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day.
3. To take Paracetamol for fever.
4. Get daily platelet count checked. If they fall rapidly, or you start bleeding from any site, you will require admission.
5. In case you have vomitings, you would require medications through injection and admission.
6. Once you have recovered and your platelet counts are rising, you have to get a test done called as G-6-PD. If this is normal you would be given a drug called Primaquine for 14 days to prevent the relapse.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Felling weak after the incomplete treatment of malaria and typhoid
- Is lariam used in the treatment of malaria prevention ?
- Preventive treatment for malaria
- 6month baby treatment 4 malaria
- Treatments for malaria
- What are the possible treatments for malaria
- Ayurvedic medicine for treatment of malaria and typhoid
- Is monodox used in the treatment of malaria prevention ?
- Antibiotic treatment for malaria
- Prophylaxis treatment for malaria
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?