Suggest treatment for malaise, nausea, moderate diarrhea and sore throat
Acute illness with severe HA and fever after spending 32 hours in an airport on May 16, exposure to two daycare toddlers and ticks in Maine from May 19-22. One week history of malaise, nausea, moderate diarrhea, HA, sore throat ( I also have hay fever). WBC 11 with 78% segs. Elevated wbc. Mildly elevated BP. My only temp was taken several days ago and 95.4 at home. I was started on doxycycline today and ESR and Lyme profile ordered, plus repeat CBC. What do you think? I live in SE Ohio. 63 yo. Generally
It is an infection based on WBC, the symptoms lead to malaria infection
It is of course an infection based on WBC level.
The symptoms seem to be related to malaria infection. As I know there is a risk of malaria in different parts of Malaysia.
I don't know If you have done the prophylaxis of malaria before your trip.
So,I would suggest :
-a rapid diagnostic test for malaria to detect the antigen
-blood test to check for anemia
Hope my answer was helpful.
If you have further queries feel free to contact me again.
General &Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrent sore throat
- Suggest treatment and prevention of sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and chest
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Sore throat and diarrhea
- Sore throat and diarrhea causes
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache