Suggest treatment for lymphovascular invasion
Details are given below.
Thanks for writing to us.
1) Lymphovascular invasion is spread of a cancer cell to the blood vessels and/or lymphatics.
2) Radical hysterectomy is indicated in Ca Cervix stage 1B2 (adenocarcinoma). It removes uterus, cervix, upper vagina, parametrium, ovary, fallopian tube and regional lymph node. However, radiation treatment or radiotherapy is indicated to PREVENT distant metastasis as your doctor suspects. It is going to be important to minimize or nullify spread of tumour through the suspected lymphatic/blood vessel.
I suggest you to consult with your oncologist or treating doctor for follow-up examination regarding problem in passing urine and bowel. It will be worthwhile.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
Prevention of distant metastasis would be first priority.
I understand your concern. However my first priority and the priority of RT will be PREVENTION of distant metastasis or NULLIFYING the cancer cells. It become important especially when your doctor already suspects lymphovascular invasion. There is a definite increase in survival rate based on previous stats.
I know there will be some side effects of RT like nausea/vomiting, intestinal discomfort, skin & mucosal changes, dryness etc. However, those can be managed with symptomatic treatment and proper nutrition/ diet. Moreover radiation dose can be ADJUSTED according to severity or spreading cancer cells to minimize the side effects.
In my opinion, I think you should give it a try. Kindly, consult with your treating ONCOLOGIST for follow-up examination.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for invasive melanoma
- Suggested treatment of tuberculosis
- Non invasive cancer treatment
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Treatment and cure for invasive cancer
- Treatment and cure for invasive aspergillosis
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Treatment and cure for invasive tumor
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment