Suggest treatment for lymph node tuberculosis
Safety depends upon the adherence to the nearby structures.
Thanks for your query, an elucidate history and the reports.
This is a confirmed case of TB and you are already under treatment.
In many cases the lymph nodes enlarged due to tuberculosis may not regress.
Safety about removal of such a lymph node on the right side of the neck above the collar bone will depend upon may factors:
-Its adherence to the nearby structures, particularly the blood vessels. This can be decided by the Color doppler or Contrast CT scan studies. TB nodes are known to have adherence to the nearby structures.
-Competence of the operating surgeon.
You can discuss about these factors frankly with your Physician and the Operating Surgeon.
Also discuss with family members and think of your decision as to why do you want to get the node removed.Whether for cosmetic purpose and / or get rid of the diseased node.
There is no other procedure other than continuation of hte anti=tubercular medicines and surgery.
I hope this answer helps you. Please feel free to ask for more if you feel there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lymph node tuberculosis and pregnancy
- Diagnosis of lymph node tuberculosis
- Diet in lymph node tuberculosis
- Lymph node tuberculosis spouse
- Is lymph node tuberculosis contagious in any way
- Cervical lymph node tuberculosis symptoms
- Lymph node tuberculosis causes
- Is cervical lymph node tuberculosis contagious
- Symptoms of lymph node tuberculosis
- Treatment and cure for lymph node tuberculosis