Suggest treatment for lymph node tuberculosis and cold abscess
GeneXpert and TB PCR both requires a collected pus
Hello XXXX ,
Thank you for your personal contact to me.
I understand your concern.
I am Dr. Arun Tank, infectious disease specialist, answering your concern.
- GeneXpert will help you detect isoniazid resistant for the strain of tuberculosis and so MDR TB (Multi Drug Resistant Tuberculosis).
- In alternative to this method you can go for TB PCR which will detect mutant gene responsible for various drug resistant amongst TB bacilli. It will detect MDR (Multi Drug Resistant Tuberculosis), XDR (Extensive Drug Resistant Tuberculosis), TDR (Total Drug Resistant Tuberculosis). This will help you in further management of cold abscess.
- To perform both this test pus collected from the abscess is necessary.
- There are two methods of pus collection (1) FNA Pus aspirated from abscess or (2) Surgical evacuation and pus collection.
- Which method is to be adopted is depends on the physical condition of you and the judgement of the operative surgeon for you.
I will be glad to answer your further concern.
We wish you a best health at healthcare magic.
Dr. Arun Tank
If you are satisfied with my answer rate me as five star and close the answer
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lymph node tuberculosis and pregnancy
- Diagnosis of lymph node tuberculosis
- Diet in lymph node tuberculosis
- Lymph node tuberculosis spouse
- Is lymph node tuberculosis contagious in any way
- Cervical lymph node tuberculosis symptoms
- Lymph node tuberculosis causes
- Is cervical lymph node tuberculosis contagious
- Symptoms of lymph node tuberculosis
- Treatment and cure for lymph node tuberculosis