Suggest treatment for lymph node causing ear drainage
You may need detailed blood work and node biopsy if it doesn't settle
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns. It is sad to know what you had gone through recently.
Based on the history you have shared, it was natural to predict ear or upper respiratory tract infection, as first obvious cause for these but if it isn't settling down with antibiotics you need a specialist referal with a detailed review by an ENT specialist for Ear examination with an otoscope and for any need of more detailed diagnostic modalities like radiographs and CT scans for the said purpose. Throat examination by laryngoscopy may also be needed.
If some obvious cause isn't being established, I suggest early diagnosis should be delayed even if it takes lymph node biopsy to be pursued. Blood work like complete blood picture, ESR, CRP and chest and Paranasal sinuses Xray may also guide in a way for next course of action. Meanwhile keep using analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain and antibiotics like augmentin or cephalosporins may also be started after discussing with your GP.
Hoping you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. You can also reach me directly through my profile in future, in case of any more queries. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen lymph nodes treatment
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes
- Suggest treatment for recurring lymph node infection
- Lymph node antibiotics treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes
- Treatment of lymph node cancer
- Drainage direction for lymph node behind ear
- Suggest treatment for swollen painful lymph nodes
- Have a swollen cervical lymph node suggest treatment
- Treatment of lymph nodes