• question-icon

Suggest treatment for lung cancer

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Cancer
Question: I have been on Opdivo for over a year for lung cancer. I have developed a redness on the palms of my hand and nuckles and have been Predizone to clear it up. THe worse part is my feet which are calloused and the skin is very hard and is cracking open. I cannot seem to find anything to help. Is there any combination of drugs that may help?
Thanks
xx
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urea based creams can help

Detailed Answer:
Hi

It is good to know that opdivo is controlling the lung cancer. Rashes can happen and usually respond to steroid creams and if required oral steroids. The thick and callous skin is a different entity. It can be controlled by applying urea based creams along with moisturizers.

You can talk to your doc or dermatologist regarding a suitable such preparation.

Hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
What dosage of oral steroids do you reccommend
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
We recommend Prednisolone 1 mg per kg body weight

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

We recommend Prednisolone 1 mg per kg body weight generally.
For example, 60 mg per day for 60 kg body weight

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist