Suggest treatment for lumps on jaws
These "cones" are about 1 mm diameter under gum, very firm, and project out about 1 mm above the (very firm) gum on top of the upper jawbone there. One in front on left side (above #14) had an apparent "bone flake" in it, where I had an extraction in March. This came out "on its own" in about a week. Still a little painful. The symmetric one on right side is not painful or irritated -- just discovered it when I found the flake sticking out on the left side and checked for symmetry. right. Incipient Tusks ??
Exostosis, osteoma, surgical removal
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.
As far as the bony projections or lumps is concerned, I have two possibilities.
The two similar projections can be exostosis or osteoma, which is benign out growth of the bone. Nothing to worry about these projection since they are harmless, it will not harm you. If it interferes with the routine functioning, then it can be surgically rounded off or excised.
The other projection of the bone near the extraction site of the wisdom tooth can be a left out bony piece during extraction or a sharp bony margin.
Nothing to worry, Consult a oral physician and get a radiograph done to rule out any left out broken bony pieces or any sharp margins of bone near the extraction site, If it is there, then get it removed or rounded off under local anesthesia.
These are the two possibilities which I can give based on your description of the lesion.
If you can upload the images of these projections, then I can give a exact diagnosis.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.
If any queries are there, Reply me back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for squishy lump on forehead
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps on head
- Suggest treatment for sores in liptongue and jaws
- Suggest treatment for abdomen lump
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for jaw infection
- Suggest treatment for lump in the armpits
- Lump on jaw line treatment
- Suggest treatment for cancerous lump on the tailbone
- Suggest treatment for locked jaw
- Suggest treatment for tooth ache and swelling on face
- What causes small lumps on the left side tip of the tongue?
- What causes multiple painful sores on tongue?
- Suggest treatment for pain and limited mouth opening due to wisdom teeth
- What causes blood clots in mouth?
- Should i wait for teeth implantation inspite of having prolia infusion?
- What causes pain in jaw, throat and upper chest?
- What caues jaw pain and indigestion?
- Suggest treatment for minor jaw misalignment
- Is wisdom teeth removal the solution for impacted wisdom tooth growth?