Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
History consistent with Inguinal Hernia, needs further evaluation
Hi XXXX, Welcome to HCM.
So I've gone through your query and understand your concern.
At first let me tell you to keep yourself away from physical exercises for a while as it just might worsen the present scenario (which is still under evaluation).
So far from the history you've given , it's most likely an Inguinal Hernia(where the abdominal contents generally protrude through anatomical weakening of muscles due prolonged stress/exercise) but there's some other possibilities like Simple sebaceous cyst / Dermoid / infected boil .
In case of Inguinal hernia , its not actually the skin cleanser but the pressure generated by rubbing, is letting it go.
However , right now its better to avoid activity (in this case physical exercises) which is helping it to recur.
Why don't you just take some pictures of it from different angles and upload them so that it fasten the process of diagnosis.
Secondly can you just go through the questions that I'm mentioning below and simply answer them so that it'll help us to narrow down the problem and also decide the further course of action.
Are you noticing it when your standing/sitting/lying down --any particular posture ?
Take a deep breath and try to cough a little while looking at the area, now can you see it growing/reappearing with each bout of cough ?
Are you experiencing any itching over the area also?
Is there any temperature change over the area along with redness?
Yes thigh rub can trigger it at some point but again its only applicable to a specific group of problems.
The only point of concern is the redness and pain , as it denotes some secondary infection either due to the previous lump or some thing new, either-way just avoid rubbing anything over it for the time being.
Just get back to me with those answers as well as the uploaded pictures(you can find the link at the side of your window)
Let me know if there's any other queries your having regarding.
Please go through the previous reply to find all the details regarding
Hi , Welcome back to HCM
It's ok if you don't feel comfortable to send any picture regarding , but since its keep on happening , so better to check into your local Dermatologist / Gen Surgeon to get a thorough physical examination and come to a point of conclusion in this regard.
As for now just follow the advises I've already mentioned in my previous reply.
Let me know whether you've experienced any Fever lately..
Do feel free to ask me anything regarding. I'd still suggest you to take a moment to go through my previous reply and think and simply answer one by one as that will help us to narrow down the problem itself.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment to remove painful lump in the groin area
- Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin
- Suggest treatment for persistent itching in groin area
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Suggest treatment for itching in the groin
- Suggest treatment to reduce swelling of the groin
- Suggest treatment for sprained groin muscle
- Itch and pain on groin and testicles suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for puss filled lesion in the groin area
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?