Suggest treatment for lump under knee after a fall
Large lump might be due to haematoma formation(collection of blood).
Thanks for your query.
From description it seems to be soft tissue injury . Large lump might be due to haematoma formation(collection of blood).
You need an x-ray to rule out any bony injury.
I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.
Beside icing, elevate the limb and take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Do not worry, it will not move to lungs.
If it doesn't hurt on walk, it is most likely soft tissue injury. It is localized collection of blood at the injury site. Do not worry, it will not move from the site to your lungs. This will absorb in few days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain after knee surgery
- Treatment and cure for Lump behind knee
- Treatment for lump on knee cap
- Suggest treatment for pain under the leg and knees
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Painful lump on knee treatment
- Burning in the knee after a fall no fracture treatment
- Suggest treatment for knee injury
- Suggest treatment for sore knees