Suggest treatment for lump on waistline

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a small lump at my waistline on the right side of my body. It's basically the same color as my skin and does not hurt when I push against it. Any ideas what could be going on?
Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lipoma or sebaceous cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query albeit short and specific.

May I please know a few more details:
- Since when have you noticed this?
- Is it freely mobile?
- What is the size?

If this is freely XXXXXXX under the skin, it is most probably a lipoma.
If this is least XXXXXXX and makes a small dimple on the skin, can be a sebaceous cyst.
These are the most common occurring lumps.

I hope this answers your query.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 20 hours later
Hi thanks for your help.
I dont know how long its been there. I just noticed it yesterday. Today it has gone down quite a bit.
Its a little bit red around the area as iu can see in the picture but so e of that could aslo be from the waist band of my boxers and pants. Oddly enough there seems to be something like a pimple there right at that spot too.
The size is about 2" long by about an 1" tall.
I'm not sure what you mean by freely XXXXXXX

Does that help you get a better idea of whats going on.
Is it anything to be concerned about?
Do you know what causes it?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like a cellulitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your feedback and photo.
It shows a boil with inflammation spread around.
I think you should consult a Doctor as you need to take antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines.
This might have started as a reaction to the strap of the boxer and inadvertent scratching causing the infection to start and spread.
The inflamed tissue is easily reactive to the allergen.

Please feel free to ask further if you have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad