question-icon

Suggest treatment for lump on testicle

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: I was doing a self examination today and I noticed a lump that feels like a coil of tubes below my right teste, I don't believe this to be the epididymis because I haven't noticed it before and it doesn't appear to be closely attached to the teste. There is no pain caused by this. what could this possibly be and how sever could this issue be.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I will recommend that you monitor only at this time!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these findings and all the disturbing thoughts this has caused you. Am pretty sure this is a distended blood vessel which may be related to your position. Being in an upright position can lead to blood pooling and distension of vessels in the lower part of the body. This is for sure what happened to you. This alone is of no worries to me. I will recommend that you monitor this to make sure it is a permanent observation and not just an incidental finding. Only when you report this is constant that I would consider getting it explored further.

For now, your age, your description of symptoms and the fact that this is a one time observation raises no worries to me. You should be calm and relaxed about this because this is more likely an incidental observation that would resolve spontaneously.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. I will like you to provide updates on this and whether you still feel it or not. If there are any further concerns, please do let me know me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Ivo Ditah