Suggest treatment for lump on neck

General Surgeon
Question
I HAVE A LUMP TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY KNECK IT IS ABOUT 2.5 CM WIDE AND 2CM HI I CAN MOVE IT UP AND DOWN AND SLIGHTLY SIDE TO SIDE IVE HAD BLOOD COUNT TEST ALL OK BUT IVE JUST NOTICED A LARGE LUMP UNDER MY RIGHT ARM PIT AND THE SKIN SEEMS SWOLLEN IN THIS AREA IVE HAD A RASH COME AND GO AROUND MY ARM PITS AND UPER ARMS AND ON MY SIDE FOR A FEW MOTHS HAVE YOU ANY IDEAL WHAT THIS COULD BE
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs clinical examination and fnac

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

I havecread your query and understand your concern.

Painless lymph node swellings in two regions (neck and axilla, in your case) is not at all a good sign, specially with a normal blood count test.

It can be seen as a result of HIV infection, lymphomas and lung cancers, and tuberculosis, if you were recently exposed to a case or travelled to an endemic area.

In my opinion you should see a surgeon for a complete clinical evaluation of both of these nodes and the axillary swelling. Also a chest xray and a needle biopsy (fnac) of these swellings might be needed.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for lump on neck 11 minutes later
Yes i thought that would be the case the lump in my kneck seems to alter in size daily is this normal

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No its not

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Its not normal for a lump to alter its size daily. They usually grow in size at a fair pace or reduce in size with treatment.

It is changing its size daily with a swelling in axilla, maybe they both are connected. But with axilla skin swollen, and fluctuating size of the neck node, it should mostly be an infective condition. But that should have shown in your blood counts.

It's better to show to a surgeon once for a clinical evaluation. That should clear most of the things.

Dr. Ashish Verma