Suggest treatment for lump on left buttock near anus
Hello. I have been through your question and understand your concern.
Since you had a history of anal fissures, I think you are facing a granuloma.
Basically, anal fissures, which are quite common, lead to skin damage which make the skin susceptible to infection of the normal local flora, which is rich in bacteria. At this point, a inflammatory reaction occurs, which produces exudate containing white blood cells (the moistness you noticed) to fight this local infection. Since the area is small, it is associated with little systemic manifestation (so, no fever, malaise etc)
After a while, when this process continues granuloma is formed which is an inflammatory process when the infection is not totally eradicated.
This is a benign process, but might need some treatment.
The treatment of choice includes topical cream containing steroids and antibiotics, to be used for a maximum of 10 days.
Hope this helps.
Wish you the best health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for soreness in anus
- Suggest treatment for sore rash on buttock
- Hard lump near the anus discolored stools treatment
- Itching in anus and rash on buttocks suggest treatment
- Treatment for cut near anus
- Treatment for a lump in my buttock
- Suggest treatment for lump on buttocks with small itchy rash
- Suggest treatment for swelling on buttocks
- Suggest treatment for intertrigo on buttocks
- Suggest treatment for infected lump on buttocks