Suggest treatment for lump on elbow

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 4 Jan 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi, I am a 35 year old female with no prior health issues. Over the weekend, I noticed a fairly large lump right above my elbow, on the outside of my arm. The first day it was painful, now it's just there. It's about an inch long and 1/4 inch in height - it's tender. I'm going to my GP Monday but am still very nervous. I've also had for a few months, a slight pain when applying pressure to my chest (right below the left breast). It only hurts when I apply pressure, otherwise, it's not noticeable. I'm very worried it's cancer, and has spread! I had a full CBC back in September.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be most likely fibroma or lipoma.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. The area you mentioned is usual site for lipoma and fibromas. If smooth and movable then it can be lipoma. Hard and movable then it can be fibroma. These are benign ( non cancerous tumors). These can be left with out any treatment as they are harmless or can be removed for cosmetic reasons , pain or discomfort. Pain and discomfort usually come in this after injuring this.

It is better to have an examination by a general surgeon to confirm it.

About the pain in chest: If it is in rib area then most likely costochondritis. In that case using NSAID gels like ketoprofen for local application helps. If there is no lump there then nothing to worry.

In case of cancer which spread to other places there will be general body signs like weight loss, malaise etc. There will be very high ESR in blood routine examination.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.

Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 13 minutes later
Thank you very much. I'll be going for a routine physical Monday. Kindest regards
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.

Let me know if you have any further queries.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.