Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for lump on crook of elbow

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6184 Questions
I had a small melanoma on my right arm and had it removed 9months ago. Now I've found a lump in the crook of that elbow two days ago. How concerned should I be? I've read a lot online about it and how fast do I need to get to a doctor and which doctor should I see? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Depends on the surgical report!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

If the surgical report states that the melanoma was completely excised, then it is unlikely that this lump is related to the melanoma. However, only a correct examination and may be some testing(biopsy) would be able to define what this lump is.

There is no point in be too concerned. Seeing a doctor is not an emergency but should be done at your earliest convenience. The ideal person to consult is the doctor who carried out the surgery. If you cannot, then your primary care physician would be a good person to start with. He will assess the condition and refer you to other specialists like oncologist or general surgeons if need be.

In all, you should not be too concerned that this is linked to the melanoma as there are several different possible causes of a lump in this area. Get examined for diagnosis and management.

I hope this helps. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor