Suggest treatment for lump inside the tongue
Salivary duct stones
Hi. Thank you for writing to HCM.
There definitely seems to be a lot going on in your mouth. Most of it sounds like salivary duct stones, ulcerations along the border of the tongue and white patches over the tonsils. All these may be contributed due to dehydration, lowering immunity and low vitamin levels.
To assess this in detail you need a physical examination of the tongue and then perhaps a course of antibiotics if necessary. At the moment your management is fine. You may want to add a good B Complex and Vitamin C supplement in your daily diet for a month along with drinking plenty of fluids.
Do see an ENT specialist or an oral pathologist for evaluation and management.
Hope this helps.
Hi. Thank you for writing back. Vitamin C and B complex help in regeneration of nerves and improve the integrity of tissues. For burning mouth syndrome it is believed that the burning sensation is due to injured nerves that fire unnecessarily leading to burning sensation. Supplementing these vitamins speed up the healing process and are indicated in all neuropathic conditions such as BMS.
Since these vitamins are water soluble they don't accumulate in the body and don't affect any other clinical conditions negatively.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps on head
- Suggest treatment for abdomen lump
- Suggest treatment tongue infection
- Suggest treatment for feeling numbness inside mouth and tasteless tongue
- Suggest treatment for lumps inside the lower lip
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and lumps on my tongue
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on tongue
- Suggest treatment for lump in the armpits
- Bleeding in tongue feeling of lump treatment
- Suggest treatment for cancerous lump on the tailbone
- What causes blisters on back of throat?
- What causes hard lump in the area of parotid near ear?
- What causes foul smell from nose and ear lobes?
- Suggest treatment for chronic sinusitis, narcolepsy and cataplexy
- Suggest treatment for skin tag at the back of the throat
- What precautions should be taken when suffering from bronchial asthma?
- What causes nerve twitches on left side of brain and face?
- Suggest treatment for vertigo
- What causes floating particles in inner ear?
- What does a small bleeding spot on concha indicate?