Suggest treatment for lump inside ear canal
Infected sebaceus cyst.
Thank you for the query.
This lump looks like an infected sebaceus cyst. Such cyst is build of whitish masses and covered with a capsule. Once it gets infected, pus appears inside what leads to pain, redness and swelling. Incising it and pus evacuating is only a temporal solution. As long as the whole lesion with capsule wont be removed, this problem will recur.
Moreover, when this lesion gets incised, swab test should be done to determine the type of bacteria. Ear is very close to brain so any infection in this area is much more serious than in any other place in the body.
That is why she should get antibiotic as well.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump inside ear canal
- Swollen ear canal treatment
- Abscess in-ear canal treatment
- Blood in ear canal treatment
- Collapsed ear canal treatment
- What is the treatment for infection in right ear canal
- Treatment and cure for ear canal infection
- Ear canal air bubbles treatment
- Itching in ear canals scratching causing bleeding treatment
- Treatments for worms in the ear canal