Suggest treatment for lump in armoit
I have a lump in my arm pit which feels like a boil but I am not so sure
I needed a check up
Armpit swellings are usually boils
Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific.
Yes, the commonest reason for a lump in in armpit is a boil. Your Mom has suggested the correct medicine, please take it thrice daily.
- Apply Liquid Povidone Iodine to the whole area to make skin sterile at least 2 to 3 times in a day.
- Take something like Ibuprofen if it suits you and if there is swelling, redness, pain.
- Please do not pop or fiddle with it, it may get more inflamed.
- Please check, if it is attached to the skin, and moving with the skin it is boil.
If it is deep seated and if the skin can be moved freely over it, it may then be a lymph node (clinical diagnosis). I hope you can have self-examination of the breasts to rule out any lumps or get checked by a Doctor.
- Sure, an examination by a Doctor can help in confirmation of the diagnosis.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you have or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment do you suggest for lump in breast
- Suggest treatment for squishy lump on forehead
- Lump popped out in forehand suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps on head
- Suggest treatment for abdomen lump
- What treatment is suggested to reduce lump on the leg
- Lump in shoulder musclesoremoving sensationany treatment or suggestion
- Suggest treatment for lump in the armpits
- Suggest treatment for cancerous lump on the tailbone
- Suggest treatment for infected lump on buttocks