question-icon

Suggest treatment for lump in arm

Posted on Tue, 24 Nov 2015
Question: For many years now I have had these 2 lumps on my arm and above my elbow, but they are underneath my skin. Every time I went to my doctor, I always forgot to ask her about it. I am currently living in XXXXXXX Lake, with no doctor. I am registered with Health Connect. Can you please tell me if this is something I should be worrying about??
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Most probably lipomas, harmless and nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The diagnosis is most probably a lipoma or a neurofibroma. As you described the lumps to be located below the skin, a lipoma is more likely and is completely harmless.

As a physical examination would be most accurate to find the cause, I would still recommend you to bring it up the next time you meet your doctor, but in all honesty I do believe this is most likely to be a harmless lipoma, and is nothing to worry about.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan