Suggest treatment for lump behind the ear caused by lymphadenitis
It could be a infected Lymph node.
As per your description, it looks like a Lymph node which got infected,i. e.Lymphadenitis.I start with Antibiotic like Cefpodoxime and Anti inflammatory tablet initially.Most of the inflammatory swellings will come down.
Another possibility is a Dermoid cyst behind the ear.
So,you should consult a surgeon, get examined clinically and proceed accordingly.If he has any doubt of the diagnosis,he may ask for FNAC ( FINE NEEDLE ASPIRATION CYTOLOGY ) of the swelling.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query. If you come back after consultation and investigation, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for suppurative lymphadenitis
- Treatment and cure for lymphadenitis
- Treatment and cure for bacterial lymphadenitis
- Lymphadenitis causes
- Acute lymphadenitis treatment
- Treatment and cure for tuberculous lymphadenitis
- Lymphadenitis inguinalis treatment
- Treatment of granulomatous lymphadenitis
- Reactive lymphadenitis treatment
- Treatment and cure for viral lymphadenitis