Suggest treatment for lump behind ear and swollen ear canal

Excellent
Question
Yesterday I felt back of ear and there was an eraser size lump at bottom of ear where connects to neck. My ear seems hot at times, ear canal feels swollen, inside of ears itch, back of neck sore, I wouldn't call any part of it necessarily painful but a constant reminder and bother. I am in need of dental work which I was actually scheduled for tomorrow to get fillings. My teeth have been bothering me since having baby, dry mouth and fillings needed. My teeth aren't hurting though they have moved tightly together and have been picking at them alot.
16 minutes ago     
I am also under am extreme amount of stress once returning to work full time. My father ruptured and collapsed lung 2 weeks after returning to work, raking care of two homes, working full time and much more, I haven't been taking the best care of myself at all, and feel XXXXXXX anxiety and I can't get energy or motivation to do all things I know I need to do and then the piles get bigger and issues get worse. Lastly, I did kill 2 female Wolfe spiders carrying babies a week ago the first one, 2nd one this past sunday. I had what my husband and I believed to be a spider bite in case any relevance.

There could be multiple issues here but what do you think is going on? What do I address first? I am seeing dentist in morning. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details required.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.
Thanks for sharing your concern and providing complete history.

First of all the major concern is the developing lump at the bottom of your ear.It could be enlarged lymph nodes.That represents that there is infection going on either in your mouth or throat.
Please answer me few more required details to suggest better.
1.Do you have lump on the same side where dental work has to be carried out or it is on the other side of the jaw?
2.Since how long do you have this swelling?Any other associated symptoms like pain in teeth within your mouth?

Awaiting response.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for lump behind ear and swollen ear canal 50 minutes later
Yes lump is on same side and other than needing fillings not horrible,. They have shifted becoming very tight. Both ears itch but the left one is the main issue.I Have dry mouth.

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Advised to see ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for reply.

As per the attached reports, please see your ENT specialist first.It requires to be addressed first as the infection should not cause any damage to ear canals.

After discussing with your ENT specialist, you can take his opinion regarding dental treatment too.Deep within the nerves and vessels are connected for mouth and ear,so please discuss.

Only if he insists on dental treatment then you can go for it immediately else it can be postponed.
Meanwhile please maintain good oral hygiene and use mouthwash twice daily for a week.

Regarding dental treatment, a simple scaling(cleaning) can be taken up anytime as per your convenience.Please consume lots of fluid to avoid any kind of dryness.

Hope it helps.
Let me know for further doubts.
Thanks.