Suggest treatment for luminal-A breast cancer

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Cancer
Question: was diagnosed and treated with Stage 2 breast cancer last spring. tumour was approx 1.8 cm. Did chemo (4)and radiation (20) and lumpectomy with sentinel lymph node (only) taken out. I was also told post surgically that tumour had "vascular Invasion". How problematic is that for future. Also at six month post treatment check-up was only mamogram.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. Welcome to HCM. From your description it seems that you had luminal A type breast cancer. You have already received surgery, chemo and radiation and now you are on anastrazole therapy for 5 years. This subtype of cancer is a good one and the chances of it relapsing back are very very little.
However i would advise you to continue anastrazole for atleast a total of 8 years as it will further cut down the risk of relapse.
No tests are required on routine follow up and the tests will be as per your symptoms. Only a mammogram once in an year will suffice.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj