Suggest treatment for lumbar pain and double vision in a diabetic
double vision...right eye drifts to outer corner, tried prism, hasn't helped. Can you advise what our next move should be to get him help ...Thank you!!!
Take steps as advised and consult a neurologist also apart from the neurosurgeon..
Hello, Welcome to HCM,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
In view of negative imaging and diabetes possibility of diabetic cranial neuropathy involving Right Third nerve is most likely.
The treatment in the form of steroid with blood sugar control can be taken.
If prism use is not beneficial then alternate covering of eye for few hours may be helpful.
The recovery occurs in few weeks to less than 3 months.
Adequate blood sugar control is vital.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Get evaluated by neurosurgeon on schedule appointment
Visit the neurosurgeon on schedule appointment.
He will be able to examine and investigate both back pain and diplopia issue.
Till then you can give him pain killers.
Hope he recovers soon.
Wishing him good health.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for double vision
- Lumbar pain and abdominal pain
- Treatment and cure for Lumbar pain
- Double vision with head pain
- Double vision treatment options
- Spondalities cervical lumbar pain in hip neck treatment
- Lumbar pain and rectal pain
- Suggest remedies for double vision and eye pain
- Treatment and cure for chronic lumbar pain
- Chronic lumbar pain treatment