Suggest treatment for lower right abdominal pain and mild hepatomegaly

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I have had lower right abdominal pain for a couple years now, and recently had an ultrasound done. My family doctor filed the report but because in the past they have filed when there was findings I asked for a copy. The results show that my right ovary measures 13.55cc and the left 8.2cc. Upon researching one study found the mean measurement for my age (29) is 6.6cc. Is it concerning that they are larger, and unequal? Especially considering I have significant persistNg pain on the right side?
As a side note the ultrasound also found I have mild hepatomegaly. Should my doctor not be looking into why? I have also had many other health issues in the past yeAr (significant pitting edema in legs for 1 week while on vacation -second time this happened) and tendinosis of the supraspinatus and bicep with partial thickness tear in the supraspinatus. I have terrible nerve pain radiating down my arm, swelling, intermittent tingling and numbness, cool temperature and purple in colour. As well as my trapezius muscle keeps spasming without release (not like a cramp) and XXXXXXX dose of methocarbamol helps to relieve some of the spasm but not fully.
My family doctor hasn't addressed this, and I'm sick of the pain.
Do you think any of these issues are connected somehow?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Findings are not related to each other.

Detailed Answer:

Findings suggests mildly enlarged right ovary.It may be due to many reasons like infection in ovary,PCOD etc.This need clinical correlation.

Findings also suggest mildly enlarged liver.It may be due to fatty liver,hepatitis,obesity,metabolic disorder etc.
You may need routine hemogram,random blood sugar,urine RE/ME,renal function test and liver function test.
You may need to take few medicines after evaluation.

Pitting edema in feet may be due to many causes like altered thyroid profile,renal or cardiac problem etc.You may need thyroid profile estimation,urine protein excretion etc.

Shoulder problem need proper clinical evaluation by a orthopedician.Most likely you will require conservative treatment only.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Indu Kumar


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 6727 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Nerve pain

doctor1 MD

Recently had MRI showing Prominent Perivascular Spaces over entire brain, had sudden chest pains a few days later, cardiac cath was normal, all...

doctor1 MD

i am 24 yrs old,164 cms and my weight is 60 kgs.To reduce weight i tried power yoga for around 1 month.To my suprise i felt good after 1 mon,as it...

doctor1 MD

I have had what I think is shingles reoccuring several times in the last two years. I had blood test come back positive for herpes and inconclusive...

doctor1 MD

I have a frontal headache almost every day. Sometimes the pain comes down the left side of my face (like a nerve pain). I have used nasal sprays,...

doctor1 MD

In 2011 I received Proton Therapy for Prostate Cancer , recently, I have started having some discomfort in the hip on both sides where the proton...

doctor1 MD

is the a connection between CIPD and fibromyalgia?

doctor1 MD

I have had shingles twice and had treatment and the shingles vaccine . My shingles were on the left side of my body, under the breast and around my...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction