Suggest treatment for lower respiratory tract infections

ENT Specialist
Question
Hello. Dr treats me with Thessalon for cough because I have acute brontitis Also I take Levaqin for a week
I feel that both medicines don't help. Because I have problem with sinusitis for a year. Still no better. Of course I have sinusitis for many years.
HELP. Thank you XXXX
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
steam inhalation and mucolytic with bronchodilator

Detailed Answer:

Levoflox is a ggod antibiotic for lower respiratory tract infections which I suppose you are also taking for a week.

A mucolytic with bronchodilator are other drugs which are used along with.

Please take steam inhalation as this will help both bronchitis and sinusitis.

Please also tell the actual symptoms which you are having as this will help in suggesting better alternatives.

If the sputum is getting thicker and changing colour, you will need a change in antibiotic. But steam and chest physiotherapy do help in all cases.

Feel free to ask another query.