Suggest treatment for lower left back pain

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I had some pain in my lower left back (Hip level)that started two days ago. I felt a little weak in my hip area when I walk. The strange thing is that the pain on the left side has stopped and now its doing the same thing on the right side. The pain is moderate.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to the msucular spams and needs treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

Probabilities:-
It seems to be due to the muscular spasm and in the start it was unnoticeable and mild on one side and with time became more prominent on the other side of the hips, but it remained in the same lumbosacral region. It has nothing to do for migration of the pain and no worries on that. It is the same pain in the lower lumbar+sacral region of the spine and seems to be due to the stretching/spams of the muscles there.

Management:-
Apply Bengay Ultrastretch gel on the affected area and gently massage it. It will help you feel better. Apply heat pad on the area for soothing effects.

Then apply ThermaCare HeatWraps around the lumbosacral (lower back) area. It is very effective remedy to get results of relief very fast. It provides heat to the deeper structures of the back. It increases the blood supply and gets relief by flushing the products of metabolism via increased circulation from the area of injury.

Take by mouth Excedrin extra strength for pain relief.
Take multivitamin with zinc in it daily to get better results.
Avoid heavy weight lifting.
Take plenty of water and keep a balanced diet.
You may use Lumbosacral Corset for relief form pain when you are at work.

Hope I answered all of your health concerns . If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Always write my name in start of your question in future, and I will get back to you in no time. If satisfied, please give your generous 'five Star rating' and don't forget to 'Close the discussion'.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D