question-icon

Suggest treatment for lower back pain

Posted on Fri, 13 Jul 2018
Question: I have sever pain in in my lower left back area about 6" above my tail bone in the back love handle area. I have been to the chiropractor & had a massage & the pain is worse. It's been about 2 weeks. I am not having other symptoms that indicate a kidney stone.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please visit orthopedist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms seem to be caused by some spine disc herniation or fracture (if you have had an injury). If physical therapy does not help, the next step is an MRI of this area. You may need a surgical intervention. It would be good to consult orthopedist with this issue.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon