Suggest treatment for lower back pain
Post that the physician suggested to visit spine surgeon and as per the surgeon , this tissue growth is cancer related and near nervous system . He told us to visit nuero surgeon .
The physician told us that we should get the tumor operated first and then do a biopsy from the tissue taken from the tumor.is it the right way?Any other thing that we are missing that we should do? Please suggest
Current habits: Smoking
Any Existing disease: Diabetes
Surgery should be done.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.
I have noted your uncle's reports. There is a tumour at the lower part of spinal cord. He needs surgery preferably to be done by Neurosurgeon. Operation would remove the tumour and the removed tissue can be sent for biopsy. Biopsy will confirm whether it is cancer or benign (not cancer). If it is cancer, further treatment with radiation therapy may be needed.
I sincerely hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
....i mean this is related to nervous system ....is there any possiblity that post surgery may lead to lower body paralysis?? also he is suffering from thalasemia
The risk of surgery is small.
Thank you for getting back.
Surgery is safe, and the risks are small- infection, bleeding or paralysis would occur in less than 5% of cases.
Yes, it is related to nervous system and not ortho (bone).
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sudden back pain
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal and lower back pain
- Treatment for lower back pain
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy