• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for lower back pain

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: i have lower back pain issue from very long and i was adviced to reduce weight and some excerise so that my stiff muacle relax and the pain will be reduced over a time, today i did a regular workout but i see a big swollen on the right side of my lower back with sever pain.
please advice
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload previous reports and get investigated as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Low back pain at this age may be due to muscular spasm or disc prolapse.
Aggravation of pain can occur repeatedly.
The management includes physiotherapy under guidance. Excessive workout may be harmful.
Pain killers with muscle relaxant like aceclofenac or diclofenac with tizanidine or thiocholchicoside can be taken for acute attack.
Local pain reliever ointment can also be taken.
Upload any reports if available.
For swelling over back imaging may be required if it persists.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Neeraj Kumar


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 2263 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Disc prolapse

doctor1 MD

Hello hope perhaps you can shead some light I am 45 and I seem to have pain and tightness along the spine and upper and mid back I have had this...

doctor1 MD

Hi ive been having back pain for awhile due to pickup a 2 yearold and then suddenly last night i bent over to pick her up then a sound of a pop...

doctor1 MD

My 63 year old son has developed painful feet. It started in middle of back several years ago, & worked itself down to his legs. Now, he cannot...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I had three injections 4 years ago for my sciatica, epidural, facit joint and nerve block, all made the pain worse, but, during the last...

doctor1 MD

i was not as informative as i should of been in my last question one of the answers said. start by again saying i am 32 years old,female,suffering...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

167 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Neeraj Kumar
  • Q - What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?

  • Q - What does my blood test report indicate?

  • Q - What causes constant dizziness?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation

  • Q - What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye

  • Q - What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?

  • Q - How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy

  • Q - What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?