Suggest treatment for lower back pain

Posted on Wed, 15 Feb 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My lower back pain is caused by my pelvis not being properly aligned. The pelvis is higher on the left side than right side. I feel like it is mainly muscle pain and it dissipates within an hour. Aleve helps it disappear more quickly, which is the main reason I think it is muscle pain. The pain location is directly below my waistline. I've added yoga stretches and 7,000-10,000 steps walking my Giant Schnauzer puppy on a green line. I am 67 years old and have not participated in working out a gym for at least three years. Can you give me any more information about correcting the condition or lessening the early morning pain by adding exercise, etc. to my routine? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
massaging and good sleeping posture and matresses with spinal braces could be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

I suggest some hot massaging with topical muscle relaxants , try to avoid heavy lifting and vigorous movements , B12 supplements , spinal straightening exercizes and avoid overbending of your back , try to have bed rest with good sleeping postures .
Back straightening exercizes may include : Two of the most well-known back strengthening exercises are: XXXXXXX exercises and Dynamic Lumbar Stabilization. These back exercises are generally first learned by working with a physical therapist who can demonstrate the exercises and correct a patient's form to ensure strengthening and/or back pain relief is achieved.

Hope the above information helps you,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon