Suggest treatment for lower back pain
I'm 40 years old and I've been having low back pain on the right side of my back near the top of my butt. I've been thinking the pain has been from alot of constant twisting activities such as practicing golf and baseball alot. Then I started thinking possibly caused from my Kidneys. I'm on Antibiotics and I've taken them for 13 days and my doctor wanted me to take them for 30 days and I start forgetting to take them consistantly missing about 7 days and I justed started back taking them Wednesday, but my back has been feeling strained for about week and a half now. My back and my groin is feeling sore when I stand up only. Not when I sit down or drive. I have a doctors appointment for Monday. Do you think I have something to worry about or have to go see a doctor tomorrow?
Thank you, XXXXXXX
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Painn in right buttock area is unlikely a kidney flank pain. With frequent twisting activities its possible it may be spine related causing entrapment of the nerve. Antibiotics with out any focus of infection and that too for 30 days is preposterous. I would not recommend that.
Take some pain killers , dont stop antibiotics though unless your doctor say so, take some skelaxin and lets wait for monday. I would recommend Spinal MRI to rule out any entrapment neuropathy.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sudden back pain
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal and lower back pain
- Treatment for lower back pain