Suggest treatment for lower back pain

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi,

I started having lower back pain from two days back. Its felt it in the morning after gettin gp from the bed and continued through out the day. Yesterday the pain increased and appeared as decreased a bit in the evening. Today morning also, I am having the back pain. Not able to bend properly . I am able to sit and walk. But the pain continues. I sprayed move spray. Its not much use.

What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
User oral painkillers...

Detailed Answer:

Since you did not report any other symptoms with this back ache, I would safely assume this sudden onset back ache is due to mechanical or muscular reasons. It should slowly improve with rest and proper analgesics. Along with topical analgesics spray, I will suggest that we use oral pain killer and muscle relaxants. Instead of ibuprofen I would start etoshine MR (etoricoxib and thiocolchioside) tablets twice daily. This etoshine MR is a prescription drug.

If the pain worsens or persist beyond 3-4 days despite adequate rest and medication, I will urge you to visit a doctor for careful back examination and investigation.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad