Suggest treatment for lower back pain

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Dear Doctor,
I am 38 years old and doing as house wife. Now I am suffering with low back pain. I have consulted with Ortho doctor. Advised to take bed rest and do physiotherapy of swd and ift for a period of one week with Aceculofinac / diclofinac with Pan-D tablet as pain killer. Again after one week my pain increased to low back and with right leg also. I am unable to do my regular work ( Toilet etc). Again advised to take bed rest for a period of one week with physiotherapy of only IFT with pain killer tablet. After a week the pain little bit reduced but the leg pain not reduced. Based on this physiotherapy treatment changed as traction at low back followed by ift. Tablet given at this time was Neuorobian , Metnerobian 75 mg with pain killer. We have followed for one week and pain reduced to the extend of 80%. Again I have started to do some exercise as advised by doctor and start moving around inside the house and found pain in low back and my right leg. I kindly request you to advice what to do further? I have pain in the abdominal when I use pain killer. Request your guidance
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MRI is needed to decide best treatment for cure

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Since you are having low back pain that is radiating to the legs, it could suggest nerve compression possibly due to slip disc.

Avoid bending forward, lifting weights. Eat healthy. Keep well hydrated. Continue with the medication as it had considerably reduced the pain.

Kindly get an MRI lumbosacral spine done to look for nerve compression. We can then decide on the best treatment based on the level and amount of compression.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj